|M.S. Electrical Engineering|
Advisor: Dr. Robert Collins
Laboratory for Perception, Action, and Cognition [LPAC]
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
The Pennsylvania State University
I am a graduate student pursuing my M.S. in
Electrical Engineering at the Pennsylvania State
University. Before coming to Penn State, I earned my undergraduate degree in
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering at the
University of Mumbai in India. I was born in Pune and grew up in Mumbai and
LPAC, the Laboratory for Perception, Action, and Cognition in Fall 2009
where and I am working on tracking people and identifying their actions from video.
I am advised by Dr. Robert Collins.
My research interests are in computer vision, image processing and pattern recognition.
- I successfully defended my Masters Thesis titled Towards understanding people in videos.
A big thanks to my committee: Dr. Collins, Dr. Liu and Dr. Jenkins. Also, thank you to Chandu, Diana and Ingmar
for coming and supporting me at the defense!
- Bad news from CVPR :-( Rejected. (February 2011)
- Finally started writing my thesis, lots to do. (December 2010)
- Made a submission to CVPR...fingers crossed. (Novermber 2010)
- Some follow-up work from my internship at GE has been accepted for an oral at the CAD conference
at SPIE Medical Imaging 2011! (October 2010)
- Working on matching tracks of people across shots in a video. One of the major challenges is
dealing with noisy and training-impoverished data. (October 2010)
- I'm Research Assistant for Fall 2010. (August 2010)
- My new lab machine is here! I named it Ramanujan. (May 2010)
- I will be spending summer in the lab, plugging away at research. (May 2010)
- I am making some head-way in my research using "personal features" for action recognition,
but no dramatic improvements. (April 2010)
- I am Research Assistant at LPAC for Spring 2010!
- My internship work at GE titled "A region based active contour method for X-ray lung
segmentation using prior shape and low-level features." was accepted at ISBI 2010. [link] [PDF] (January 2010)
- I am now Graduate Student Researcher at LPAC. (October 2009)
- I spent summer interning at the Imaging
Technologies Lab at the GE Global Research Center in Bangalore with Dr. Sheshadhri
Thiruvenkadam and Pavan Annangi. (July 2009)
- Research will have to wait....I'm going back to India for the summer to intern at GE.
- I have decided to do my Masters Thesis with Dr. Robert
Collins in action recognition, so I guess I'm now an LPAC-er! (April 2009)